CASE RESULTS DEPEND ON A VARIETY OF FACTORS UNIQUE TO EACH CASE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE OR PREDICT A SIMILAR RESULT IN ANY FUTURE CASE.
We at Lenhart Pettit have a strong commitment to our clients, their families, friends, and business associates. That commitment extends to assisting those seriously injured through no fault of their own. One of the most devastating things that can occur to you or a loved one is a serious injury caused by the negligence of others in an automobile collision, tractor trailer collision, or other catastrophic event. We take great pride in assisting the seriously injured in receiving full and fair compensation for their injuries. This can include recovery of medical bills, lost wages, and compensation for inconvenience and pain and suffering, and when appropriate, punitive damages.
We have a top-tier team of attorneys, paralegals, and possess the resources required to vigorously pursue your rights. Our personal injury attorneys have decades of experience handling personal injury cases, through negotiation and, if necessary, trial. Our personal injury attorneys have either been named in the “Virginia Legal Elite” or have AV peer ratings, and have recovered many millions of dollars for the benefit of those who have been seriously injured because someone was careless. Unlike some other firms, we are very selective in the cases that we take in order to ensure that each client receives the attention and expertise that they deserve.
We have a proven track record of fighting the insurance companies to obtain fair compensation for you. Below is just a small sample of our past successes:
- Multi-Million dollar verdict in wrongful death case that was recognized as one of the top verdicts in Virginia for 2006. A jury awarded the family of the victim $4.5 million that included $3.5 million in compensatory damages and $1 million in punitive damages. (Gray v. Rhoads)
- Obtained a $1,300,000 settlement on behalf of a client whose legs were severely injured when another driver ran a stop sign and collided into his vehicle.
- Obtained a $1,000,000 insurance policy limit settlement for the family of a working mother who was killed when a driver carelessly attempting to pass over a double yellow line hit her vehicle head on.
- Obtained a settlement of $775,000 on behalf of a client seriously injured in a car accident. The insurance company for the responsible party initially offered $16,300 to settle.
- Won a jury verdict in Rockingham County in excess of $500,000 on behalf of his seriously injured client against Wal-Mart due to Wal-Mart's negligence in not removing an extension cord that was stretched across the entrance floor in one of its Supercenters.
- Won a Rockingham County jury verdict in excess of $280,000 on behalf of a high school junior who was hit head on by a drunk driver with a blood alcohol concentration of .32. $200,000 of the award was for punitive damages to punish the drunk driver for his outrageous conduct. Before retaining our firm, the insurance company for the drunk driver had offered $14,250 to settle.
- Obtained a policy limit settlement for the family of a young child who was killed when a drunk driver hit their car after bouncing off the guardrail at an excessive rate of speed.
- Resolved a claim for $250,000 insurance policy limits where a young mother was hit head-on by a teenager who was texting on his way to school.
- Obtained a jury verdict in a personal injury case for $120,000 in Roanoke City Circuit Court. The insurance company had offered only $50,000.
- We have obtained millions of dollars in compensation for the benefit of clients who were seriously injured or killed by the carelessness of others in car and airplane crashes.
- Obtained numerous punitive damages verdicts on behalf of injured persons against drunk drivers.
Cases that we handle include the following:
- Automobile collisions
- Tractor trailer collisions
- Slip and fall
- Assault and battery
- Wrongful death
- Obtaining punitive damages from drunk drivers of others who injure people with a reckless disregard for their safety
Richard C. Armstrong
Attorney at Law
Brian K. Brake
Attorney at Law
Maud Hunter Watson