Bill Shmidheiser specializes in complicated financial messes, including disputes among shareholders and partners in businesses, divorces, real estate disputes, and representation of creditors in foreclosures, difficult collections, bankruptcies and workouts. Bill has substantial trial experience as lead counsel in scores of commercial cases, both jury and non-jury trials.
Bill is the father of five children ages 27 to 36, plays "Old Fellow's Soccer" in a couple of rec leagues, and is an occasional rock climber with his law partner, Brian Brake.
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® (Copyright by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC)
- Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2001 – 2017
- Litigation – Bankruptcy, 2011 – 2017
- Named Best Lawyers® 2014, 2016 Charlottesville Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law “Lawyer of the Year.” (Copyright by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC)
- Fourth Circuit Judicial Conference, Permanent Member
- Selected to “Legal Elite,” Virginia Business
- Family / Domestic Relations, 2001 - 2006, 2008, 2010
- Bankruptcy, 2007, 2011 – 2012
- Bankruptcy/Creditors' Rights – 2014 - 2016
- Selected to “Virginia Super Lawyers,” Business Litigation, Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2013-2016
AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.